John Marshall vs. Davis Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
John Marshall (9-2) vs. Davis (11-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
John Marshall (9-2)
Why the Bears can win: Because since the win at Heritage Hall, almost feels as though the Bears realize they deserve to be on this stage. They’ve been dominant the last three weeks, and this is exactly when you want to play your best football. While Brendon Jordan has anchored the offense, Ken Berry and the defense take a backseat to absolutely nobody.
(Stats only updated through Week 9)
We’re a part of something special right now. The whole school is excited, everyone is excited about John Marshall football again. We want to keep it going,” – senior Derrick Allen
Why the Wolves can win: Because they stick to what they know. With the whole state, nation going ga-ga over the spread offense, Davis still employs the wishbone. And why not with the success they have? Davis is averaging more than 40 points per game and giving up less than 10 per contest.
(Could not find any Davis stats)
Key matchup: Davis running game vs. John Marshall front seven. Kinda ‘duh’ on this one. If Davis can’t run the ball, Jody Weber’s club will be in trouble. The Bears are a tough, stout group that has only allowed more than 20 points one time (against Kingfisher).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients