El Reno: Bend but don't break D
El Reno: Bend but don’t break
El Reno has made a living with defense this season and that was the case in its win over McAlester as the Indians used a goal line stand to hold off McAlester 21-14 Friday night. While it was a nice way to end the game, it’s not exactly surprising.
”They marched down the field on that drive and got into the red zone,” El Reno defensive back Cory Dauphin said. “That’s how we’ve played all year. Bend but don’t break. We buckle down in the red zone. We have a lot of confidence playing with our backs against the wall.”
Coming up huge was senior Matt Pruitt. He had 22 tackles (17 of them unassisted) and also had an interception and scored the game-winning touchdown.
El Reno (12-0) plays Carl Albert (10-2) in a Class 5A semifinal Friday night at Putnam City Stadium.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19471Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14514Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10937UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9667Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8444Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7027Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5625Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5257Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 4924Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4923Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients