Heritage: 'Forgotten' class crucial to success...
By Robert Przybylo
Heritage Hall (8-4) vs. Pawhuska (10-2)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Pawhuska HS (I’ll be there)
I’ve been accused more than once of short-changing the rest of the Heritage Hall team. With that type of sophomore class, it does happen from time to time.
Not on purpose, but it’s tough to ignore Barry Sanders, Sterling Shepard, Markus Wakefield, Marc Robinson, Quintaz Struble, Brandon Moews, Cale Courtney, and the list goes on and on.
But those sophomores have been quick to point out to me a number of times what the seniors have meant to them and to the team.
Seniors Austin Smith and Tanner France are able to make some plays on offense at the wide receiver position. Smith is also a kicker while France plays in the secondary.
But there are a couple of seniors on defense that sometimes get overlooked: Travis Harrison and Logan McGrath.
That’s why I focused on the two in Wednesday’s story because they don’t get the recognition all the time.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8829How to help tornado victims
- 8583Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7041Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients