Weatherford: Ready for Round 2 with Douglass...
By Robert Przybylo
Weatherford (12-0) vs. Douglass (9-3)
When: 7:30 p.m. Saturday
Where: Yukon HS (I’ll be there)
It was fun to talk about Weatherford’s early start. Wins in non-district games against Clinton and Heritage Hall made the Eagles a nice story.
Umm, that story hasn’t had an ending or a hiccup yet. Tested time and time again, Weatherford has come through in spades.
Among those 12 wins is a Week 8 thrilling win at Douglass. I asked second-year coach Mickey Seifried whether it helps or hurts to play a team you’ve seen before.
There is a sense of familiarity there, for sure. I don’t think they’ll change much of what they do, and we don’t plan on changing what we do.” – Seifried
I was a little skeptical after the 24-14 win against Seminole, but that 20-2 domination of Broken Bow has me thinking the focus is there.
Fellow chum Ryan Aber raved about the quality of their first game. That has me extremely excited for this one because you know the intensity will be raised up even another notch.
There are more cogs to the Eagles than just Jake Barrios and Kale Sawatzky. But if you want to talk about why Weatherford is as good as it’s been, the discussion begins with those two.
Not just what they do on the field on game night, but Seifried praises the way the two have kept the team focused throughout this season.
The 4-6 year last season is a distant memory, but the Eagles aren’t going to be satisfied just making it this far.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13571Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11780Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5526Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5480Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4292Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4042How to help tornado victims
- 3705Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3691Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3323Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients