Pregame thoughts: Carl Albert-El Reno
By Ryan Aber
Here in the pressbox at Putnam City Stadium about an hour and a half before kickoff and a couple things I wanted to share before we get into the game blog (and, you can also follow the game on Twitter @ryaber):
1. Carl Albert’s Dwight Dobbins is questionable. Dobbins suffered an ankle injury last week in the Titans’ win over Tulsa Kelley. Carl Albert coach Gary Rose told me earlier this week, “If I had to say on Monday, I’d say there was an 80 percent chance that he wouldn’t play but he’s looking better and better. We’ve still got 60 hours to get him ready.” That was 59 hours ago.
2. Whichever QB has the better game, his team will win. El Reno’s QB Jakeil Everheart and Carl Albert’s J.T. Realmuto are two of the best around. Rose said Everheart is scary good and I’d have to say I agree after watching him play a few times the last two seasons. So is Realmuto. Both can run VERY effectively but beat you through the air as well. Realmuto has better options throwing but Everheart can make things happen too.
3. Both of these defenses are very good. Whichever team wins this game figures to be favored to win the Class 5A championship next week and their defenses are a big reason why. El Reno has a big, physical front seven and Carl Albert isn’t as big but gets the job done.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21533Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17671Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12448Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9610Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9529Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9416Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8233Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 7926Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 6583OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5050Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients