Capsule: Douglass vs. Weatherford, Playoff edition
Douglass (9-3) vs. Weatherford (12-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Saturday
Where: Miller Stadium, Yukon
Winner plays: Sallisaw-Star Spencer winner in next week’s Class 4A state championship game.
Douglass (W, Capitol Hill; L, Millwood; W, Star Spencer; W, Elk City; W, Southeast; W, Guymon; L, McGuinness; L, Weatherford; W, Woodward; W, Piedmont; W, Glenpool; W, Wagoner)
Why the Trojans can win: Because they’ve fixed the turnover problems that plagued them in losses to Millwood, McGuinness and Weatherford during the regular season. And the defense is just as good as ever.
We know they’re a good team, but we feel like we let one slip away the last time. Now’s our chance to make up for that.” — quarterback Antyoun Smith
Weatherford (W, Clinton; W, Heritage Hall; W, Chickasha; W, Woodward; W, McGuinness; W, Piedmont; W, Southeast; W, Douglass; W, Elk City; W, Guymon; W, Seminole; W, Broken Bow)
Why the Eagles can win: Because Jake Barrios is as good of a two-way player as I’ve seen all season. Sure, his offensive numbers are big but he also made a ton of big plays on defense in the earlier meeting. Oh yeah, and Weatherford has already won this game once this season—on the road.
Unless they’ve changed since the last time we’ve played, we know it’s going to be a fight. They’re big and physical. It was down to the wire the first time, and there is no reason to think it won’t be that way again,” — coach Mickey Seifried.
Quinton Neal: 183 carries, 1,294 yards, 14 TDs
Kevin Forbes: 159 carries, 1,149 yards, 13 TDs
Antyoun Smith: 134 carries, 668 yards, 8 TDs
Aliston Cobb: 40 carries, 415 yards, 4 TDs
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7078Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6616OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5593Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4449Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4211Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4167Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3427Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3248Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients