Game Blog: Sallisaw vs. Star Spencer
By Ryan Aber
Looks like the final will be Star Spencer 46, Sallisaw 13. Still 1:42 left.
9:09 What a start to the half for Star Spencer. First, the Bobcats defense holds the Black Diamonds to 3 and out, then on the first play, Darwin Rideau breaks one up the middle for a 55-yard touchdown.
Star Spencer 26, Sallisaw 7 10:06 remaining in the third
Jeff, I’m efforting to see if someone is braodcasting the game online. A Sallisaw writer tells me he thinks they are, on a radio station called “DiamondNet” but I’ll see if I can get more information.
Back to the action, we’re at halftime here at Collins Stadium and Star Spencer leads 20-7.
The Bobcats have done it with the ground game, rushing for 210 yards so far on 25 carries, and defense, sacking Sallisaw quarterback Matt Oberste six times. The Black Diamonds have just 22 yards on the ground.
Sallisaw did it early with the passing game, as Matt Oberste threw for 71 yards, completing 8 of his first 11 passes early. Since then, though, Oberste has completed just one of his seven passes and been intercepted once.
Darwin Rideau has 130 yards rushing so far, while Terence Olds has 56.
Jeremy Davenport has done most of the damage for Sallisaw, with six catches for 36 yards amd four carries for 26 yards
8:31 Star Spencer is taking control. Darwin Rideau’s 47-yard TD run puts the Bobcats up by two scores.
Star Spencer 20, Sallisaw 6 1:57 remaining in the second quarter
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16352OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13509Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12593Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9784Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9412Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7721Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7510Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7432'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7083Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6955Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients