Kingfisher: Look out for Jordan Woods...
By Robert Przybylo
Class 2A Semifinal
Kingfisher (11-2) vs. Millwood (12-1)
When: 7:30 p.m. Saturday
Where: Yukon HS (Matt Patterson will be there)
Kingfisher hangs its hat on its physical defense. With stalwarts like Joe Gaither and Rhett Blundell, that’s definitely the case again this year.
But against a team like Millwood and especially like a quarterback Kevonte Richardson, I’m thinking senior Jordan Woods is going to play a huge role in this one.
Woods and Derek Patterson were both not 100 percent when the Yellowjackets were going through their 3-2 start. They’ve been super ever since.
Woods missed three games, which makes his 10 interceptions that much more impressive. I would imagine (I’m playing coach) that Woods will be Josh Turner’s shadow all game.
Jordan has come up big time and time again for us. When we’ve needed a play, he always seems to be in the right place. He’s got a great nose for the ball.” – coach Jeff Myers
Now, of course, Millwood has Emilio Gatewood, but that’s where Gaither and Blundell come in. No matter how I slice it, I just see Kingfisher really matching up well with the Falcons.
Millwood is definitely the more athletic team, no question about that. But in talking to the Yellowjacket players this week, they accept that.
Kingfisher is going to be helped out by that battle against Bridge Creek. I’m wondering with the way Millwood has cruised so far in the playoffs, how the Falcons are going to react to being tested?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients