Boneman's SMQ: Star Spencer vs. Douglass...
By Robert Przybylo
There are some moments that still stand out to me, and I think I saw one last night. After the Star Spencer victory, the players ran to the bench, and the crowd and players started singing and waving their arms in unison.
Doesn’t sound like much, but you had to be there. It was something incredible.
Star Spencer 34, Douglass 21
Yeah, that’s right, 55 points in this one. To be fair that wasn’t all that shocking to me. I picked Star to win 26-24. The two teams found holes in the regular season matchup, so I figured it might be the same.
That is the first time I’ve seen Star’s Darwin Rideau LIVE in two years. Wow, he is some kind of player. Running, receiving, tackling, punting, he did it all. In a game full of men, he was THE MAN.
But that’s not to say Douglass didn’t test the Bobcats every step of the way. Junior Aliston Cobb is going to be a force next season for the Trojans. Quinton Neil closed out his career in style as both teams rushed for more than 200 yards.
Douglass was up 21-18 late in the first half when the Trojans fumbled. Not too long after, Franky Jamison found Rideau for the final touchdown of the half. It proved to be huge.
Field position, said coach Willis Alexander, was the game-changer in the second half. Douglass was always behind the eight ball as Rideau had a punt at the 10 yard line and at the 5 yard line.
Best player I hadn’t heard of before last night: Star’s Jamonte Mitchell. He played a heckuva game with some bone-crunching hits.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10394Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9157Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5761Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4888Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4371Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4162How to help tornado victims
- 4108Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4097OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4009Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3995Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients