SMQ: Lincoln Christian vs. Kingfisher...
By Robert Przybylo
Sometimes a kid is too tough for his own good. I certainly felt that was the case for Kingfisher quarterback Derek Patterson.
He was running for his life all game against Lincoln Christian. The Bulldogs defense was unquestionably the story of the game.
Lincoln Christian 35, Kingfisher 0
Of course, for me and countless number of others, the game took a backseat after the injury to Patterson midway through the second quarter.
It’s always dangerous on that sideline in Boone Pickens Stadium because it’s so close, and Patterson took a nasty fall on a late hit out of bounds.
There was a 21-minute delay, and I couldn’t believe how slow the process was. I get that it’s a delicate situation, and you’re not sure what to do. But it seemed like NOBODY had any idea about what to do.
The cart was brought out a couple of times. There wasn’t an ambulance on site. It was a strange feeling. X-rays were negative, so that’s a good sign.
It was 21-0 Lincoln Christian at this point and really, any drama the game had was long gone. Kingfisher didn’t pick up a first down after Patterson was injured.
That was the first time I’ve seen Roman Wilson in person. Wow, is he impressive or what? He’s one of the best players in the state, no doubt. I don’t know if he’s better at receiver or defensive back, but he’s one heckuva leader.
And he had the play of the day on the 70-yard punt return for a touchdown to make it 21-0.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients