SMQ: Tonkawa vs. Stroud...
By Robert Przybylo
Because we don’t get to see most of the smaller school teams until they reach this point, I’m sure this assessment of Tonkawa’s Jacob Love is nothing earth-shattering to Buccaneer fans.
Jacob Love is good, I mean real good. Yep, that is my hard-hitting analysis on him.
Tonkawa 7, Stroud 6
Early on, thought Stroud’s Cody Pritchard was going to absolutely steal the show. He was dominant early. He wasn’t breaking any long runs, but he was slowly chipping away and looked like he was on his way to busting one.
But in the second quarter it all changed. It started with the play on defense by Love. I seriously thought Love was going to take the handoff from Andrew Miller, that’s how well he read that play.
Then Love’s 93-yard touchdown run sealed it. He was so explosive when he saw that hole. In fact, that’s the one thing I kept saying. Once Love saw a gap, boom, he hit it. And he always fell forward like all the good running backs do.
Gotta say I was impressed with not only Miller’s ability to throw the ball, but the ability of Stroud WR Austin Billingslea. Tough to not get caught up in Pritchard, but Billingslea is quite the player, too.
Always seemed like Stroud was in control of the game, except for on the scoreboard. The Tigers would drive down the field, have success, but then stall out.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients