Douglass looking like clear favorite in Class 4A
By Ryan Aber
Watching last night’s 89-68 Douglass win over John Marshall, a few days after Class 4A No. 1 Douglass beat No. 2 Star Spencer in the All-City Shootout, it’s becoming more and more clear that Douglass is clearly the top team in the class right now.
No other team in the class can match the inside play of Marquis Buxton Hill and Romond Jenkins and no team has a big guy coming off the bench like Ramond Jenkins, who finished last night with 10 rebounds.
And last night, when John Marshall was banging around Douglass’ bigs, the Trojans hit their free throws. Buxton-Hill was especially effective at the line, hitting 9 of 10 free throws and scoring 17.
“They’re getting it,” Douglass coach Terry Long said. “Their attitudes are good. I feel good about how we’re playing right now. It’s going to be tough, definitely, but if we can stay healthy, I think we’re right there.”
John Marshall is good. Douglass is great. Their guards are playing better than expected, especially 5-foot-9 freshman Stephen Clark.
John Marshall didn’t play poorly, Douglass was just better. John Marshall is also going to be right there in the end, especially if Derrick Allen can return healthy.
Douglass plays Class 6A Moore to open the Chickasha Tournament at 2:15 p.m. today.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients