Ferguson Jenkins Award winner announced
Christian Heritage catcher Caden Cleveland is among the 10 state high school athletes who were named winners of the Ferguson Jenkins Award.
The award, selected by the Oklahoma Coaches Association, is given to five baseball and five softball players and is based on athletic and scholastic achievement.
The other baseball winners are Norman’s Nick Fowble, Weatherford’s Dillon Overton, Tulsa Union’s Jacob Rice and Jay’s Cayle Shambaugh.
The softball winners are Edmond Santa Fe’s Sierra Bronkey, Moore’s Sydney Garcia, Lawton MacArthur’s Amanda McClelland, Mustang’s Ashley Paxton and Broken Arrow’s Jessica Turner.
The baseball coach honoree is Latta’s Eddie Collins and the softball coach winner is Broken Arrow’ Randall King.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24265Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15789Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10553Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9606Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9126Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8599Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8494Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7618Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7497Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6747UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients