PCI proving itself as a top tournament
Fast becoming one of the top tournaments in the state, the Putnam City Invitational, hosted by the school district, not just PC High School, has yet another strong field this week at the PC North gym.
Obviously, it helps when the three teams in your school district are ranked third, fourth and 11th in the state in Class 6A. But they didn’t mess around putting together the rest of the field, with No. 5 Tulsa Union, No. 10 Midwest City, No. 16 Lawton Ike, No. 20 Stillwater and Class 4A No. 6 John Marshall.
Here’s Thursday’s schedule:
2 p.m.: Midwest City vs. Lawton Ike
3:30 p.m.: PC vs. Stillwater
6 p.m.: PC West vs. John Marshall
7:30 p.m.: PC North vs. Tulsa Union
For those fans who might not be familiar with John Marshall, they’ll put on a good show. Chad Campbell’s squad is solid, led by Tavion Fleeks, who is one of the best 4A has to offer.
Stillwater and Lawton Ike could step up and surprise one of the others, and you know the other five teams will be playing to win it all. I won’t be camped out for all the games at PC North, but I’ll be zipping over to as many as I can, and I won’t miss the finals, which will be good, no matter who gets there.
Based on what I’ve seen the last few weeks (I’ve watched five of the eight teams this season), how teams are playing and who they’ve beaten, here’s how I’d rank the field:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7656Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7634Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6870UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients