Edmond POW: Daniel Emesiani, North...
By Robert Przybylo
Guess I let the cat out of the bag on this selection on Sunday when I said the way Daniel Emesiani played in the McGuinness Classic was the biggest thing I was taking from the three-day event.
Had a day to evalutate that statement, and I feel the same way. Because of his phenomenal outings at the Classic, Emesiani of Edmond North is more than worthy of being named the Edmond Player of the Week.
Emesiani has decent size. OK, well, good size. The problem is he is the only post threat right now for the Huskies, meaning he is getting bumped around all game.
It doesn’t matter as like I said before, Emesiani is relentless. He’s tough inside and knows how to finish. You know when he gets it on the block, it’s going to go in.
His outing at McGuinness: 21 (Norman North), 23 (Carl Albert) and 20 (Deer Creek) points as North upset previously undefeated Norman North before placing fourth.
Opposing coaches rave about his ability and tenacity, and now I understand why.
He could very well find himself in this spot next week as the Huskies can make a statement with wins against Yukon and rival Santa Fe.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients