Private schools POW: Kevin Caruthers, Irish...
By Robert Przybylo
The biggest internal debate I had all Saturday night was who was the McGuinness Classic MVP? For Bishop McGuinness, your contenders were Kevin Caruthers and Jameel Whitney. For Carl Albert, it was Markell Walker and Caleb Price.
Once the Irish won, it was down to two. Really, thought both deserved the honor. The award went to Whitney and while he may have been the best player on the floor, Caruthers was the most important.
In the semifinals, it was Caruthers who made sure the team kept it together when Whitney and Joe Edmonds both had four fouls midway through the third.
In the championship, it was Caruthers who nailed three 3s in the first quarter to get the Irish off to a hot start. In overtime, Caruthers made four free throws to help seal the deal.
Simply put, Caruthers did a little bit of everything out there and earns the Private schools Player of the Week.
Maybe this last weekend will let Caruthers know it’s OK for him to be aggressive. In fact, the team will shine even more if Caruthers can be as consistent as he was this weekend.
Either way, it was a big Classic championship for the Irish. Just when you thought Tondrell Durham’s team was a little down, here they come again.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20967Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17573Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12128Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9194Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8604Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8594Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8358Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4994Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4806OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients