Edmond POW: Jimi Blagowsky, Santa Fe...
By Robert Przybylo
I had pretty much made up my mind that whoever stood out the most in the much-anticipated battle between the Edmond North and Edmond Santa Fe girls was going to win this week’s honor.
And as soon as the game was over, well, I knew I had my winner. Could there really have been another selection than Santa Fe’s Jimi Blagowsky? For her phenomenal outing, she is the Edmond schools Player of the Week.
It didn’t feel like a regular season game inside that gym Friday. It was an electric atmosphere that only serves a harbinger of things to come.
Blagowsky scored 24 points, and more than that, helped keep the team focused through a rough first half. The team looks to her for leadership, and she comes through.
We’re going to see how much leadership the team really has as it would only be natural for a letdown against Putnam City on Tuesday.
Heath Boyd, Deer Creek, Wrestling: A wrestler’s dream to be in the final match of the night where a win means a win in the dual. That was the case for Boyd, who earned a pin against Guthrie to claim a 33-29 victory to clinch the Suburban Conference.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4779Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4600Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4155Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients