Day 3: Bruce Gray Invitational at Deer Creek...
By Robert Przybylo
I normally don’t do this, but I’m tired and I know the paper was short on space and most of this didn’t get in. So here are the bare bones (no pun intended) look at the Deer Creek Invitational.
But of course, here are the scores.
Bishop McGuinness 47, Putnam West 30
Star Spencer 53, OCS 39
Putnam North 58, Western Heights 50
Deer Creek 56, Enid 42
Semifinals: Putnam North 32, McGuinness 25
Semifinals: Deer Creek 54, Star Spencer 52
Enid 50, OCS 36
Western Heights 63, Putnam West 51
Finals: Deer Creek 46, Putnam North 45
Third Place: McGuinness 52, Star Spencer 44
Consolation championship: Enid 55, Western Heights 40
Seventh place: Putnam West 48, OCS 38
Mustang 74, Star Spencer 65
Capitol Hill 64, Enid 47
Putnam North 77, OCS 60
Deer Creek, Western Heights 46, Deer Creek 44
Semifinals: Putnam North 58, Capitol Hill 53 – OT
Semifinals: Mustang 67, Western Heights 54
Enid 56, OCS 48
Star Spencer 58, Deer Creek 51
Finals: Putnam North 76, Mustang 50
Third place: Western Heights 46, Capitol Hill 37
Consolation championship: Star Spencer 74, Enid 65 – OT
Seventh place: Deer Creek 59, OCS 41
Panthers make it four in a row
The Bruce Gray Invitational may be at Deer Creek, but it’s been dominated by Putnam City North.
For the fourth year in a row, the Panthers are the champions as PC North took out Mustang 76-50 in the championship Saturday night.
“We feel like this is our home away from home,” tournament MVP Armon Provo said. “We knew it would be tough to bounce back after last night, but we play our best on that third day of the tournament.”
Mustang, the No. 8 seed, made the championship because of its great shooting from the perimeter, but the Broncos didn’t make their first three until third quarter.
The Broncos got to within 50-41 early in the fourth before the Panthers put it away.
Joe Summers scored 20 points while Devin Harris had 19 for PC North. Jacinto Biorato led Mustang with 13 points.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients