Wrapping up the Bruce Gray Invitational...
By Robert Przybylo
After 24 games in three days, I admit to being basketball-ed out on this day. It was a great tournament at the Bruce Gray Invitational, and I learned a lot about a lot of teams/players.
Here are just some of my thoughts, observations on the three-day affair.
- The No. 1 thing I’m taking is how GREAT Enid’s Chris Fitzpatrick is. After the first day, I knew he could shoot from anwhere past half court. No longer wowed by him, I watched him more intently in the final two days.
He’s better than I thought.
He’s quicker than you think. He has good size. He can pass, and he’s, let’s say crafty. He knows how to get open as all the great scorers do.
Star Spencer coach Patrick Cudjoe couldn’t say enough about Fitzpatrick while Deer Creek coach Matt Bailey (who used to be at Enid) told me Fitzpatrick is something special. Yep, he is.
- Putnam North may very well be the third-best boys team in the PC triangle of terror. But that doesn’t mean Rick Harris’ club can’t compete or won’t make state. A lot of balance on this team between Armon Provo, Joe Summers and Devin Harris. Size could be an issue, though.
- Won’t spend too much time on Deer Creek girls as I’ve written a big piece on Totsy Manning’s girls for Monday’s paper.
- Can’t say a bad thing about Star Spencer and Mustang. That is two of the better 2-1 tournaments I’ve seen from teams. Mustang shocked a lot of people making it to the final while SS did it without Darrius Bryson. Glad to finally see Kendre’ Talley LIVE and in living color. I could watch Cudjoe coach/teach all day, one of the best around.
- The McGuinness girls showed strong character in taking out Star Spencer for third. Everyone involved wants to forget that Friday game vs. PC North. Limiting Star’s star Sharane Campbell and making some big shots is a good last impression. Big game with Union on Tuesday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13429Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13120OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7569Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5530Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5367Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4837Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4836Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4267Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients