Private schools POW: Christian Hill, Mt. St. Mary's...
By Robert Przybylo
One shot, one moment can change the season. It remains to be seen if the game-winning 3 by Christian Hill of Mt. St. Mary’s leads the Rockets to bigger and better things.
For now, he’ll have to be content with being named the Private schools Player of the Week. Hill drained a 3 to give the Rockets an improbable win in the finals of the Heart of Purcell Tournament.
How improbable was it? Fellow chum Ryan Aber was there, and here is his story from Sunday.
Hill overshadows teammate Dalton Newsome, who had some late heroics of his own. On Thursday, he hit huge free throws for an overtime win against Byng, and he had the first crazy 3 in the final seconds against Anadarko.
Either way, it was a huge weekend for Lenny Hatchett’s boys. But the key, as I always stress out, is building off the big win.
Alexa Lienhard, Bishop McGuinness, Basketball: After an 11 percent shooting night in the semis, it was key for the Irish to make some shots. That’s what Lienhard did in leading the Irish to a third-place finish at the Bruce Gray Invitational.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 56551Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34585Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32288Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9582Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8789Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5674Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3757OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3628George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3382Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3185Oklahoma weather:Tornado touches down in east Edmond
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients