Ed Memorial: Girls character to be tested...
By Robert Przybylo
I wish I could have that same confidence Memorial girls coach Shane Coffey has right now. After back-to-back grueling, emotional losses, he has a smile on his face.
A gut-wrenching loss to rival North was followed by a stomach-punching loss in a fantastic game at Santa Fe on Tuesday.
My first question was a natural one: Are you afraid the girls are emotionally drained at this point?
Normally I would be, especially after what’s happened in the last two games. But I’m not, and there’s one big reason: our senior leadership.”
I was extremely impressed with the Bulldogs last night. Santa Fe has made it a habit of getting down early, turning it up and leaving teams in the dust.
And a 23-6 run made it 30-25 Santa Fe, but Memorial responded. Sophomore Alie Decker is the real deal while Paige Locke was huge down the stretch.
The other thing I noticed was how quick Bridgette Young is. For the most part, she was able to contain Santa Fe’s Courtney Walker.
Memorial has lost three games in a row, but Coffey firmly believes he has a championship caliber team. Santa Fe coach Paul Bass was quick to point that one out as well.
Memorial hosts Southmoore, provided we have any games Friday. The boys game should be exciting, but I’m much more interested to see how the girls bounce back.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients