OCS: Don't count out the Saints...
By Robert Przybylo
There were two upsets I thought were going to happen Tuesday night in my neck of the woods. 1. Thought the Edmond Memorial girls were going to beat Santa Fe. Santa Fe prevailed in overtime.
2. Thought the OCS boys were going to upset undefeated and No. 1-ranked Bethel. Just had a hunch after that long team meeting the Saints had after the Bruce Gray Invitational at Deer Creek.
You either respond or you fold, and knowing the character of the Saints, knew a response was going to happen.
OCS jumped out early, Bethel showed heart and came back, but the Saints pulled out a 65-60 win.
It was the usual suspects, but that number is now three for OCS. You know T.J. Holland and Jack Warren are going to come up big. They have that type of ability.
However, it’s the improving play of Jake Cranfield that has me excited for OCS in the future. He is really stepping it up and had 11 points Tuesday.
Holland had a game-high 23 points while Warren added another 10.
Coach Trent Toler puts his team through a ridiculous schedule, but he knew the talent and potential was there for a win like this.
I seriously doubt we’ll be seeing any basketball Friday with the bad weather coming in. But if we do, I’ll be at Heritage Hall and OCS.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15391Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9463Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8117Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7214Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6364Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6332Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6331Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5818Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 5611Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5224UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients