Ed North: Xavier Smith ready for next step...
By Robert Przybylo
With everybody (yours truly included) iced in right about now, it’s actually been a good time to catch up with some top recruiting prospects.
Had a chance to talk with Edmond North’s Xavier Smith, who is primed and ready to head to Missouri.
Sometimes even after someone has committed, he’ll go on other visits just for fun. Not Smith. He said since the season has started, he hasn’t visited anywhere else and has been in constant communication with the Mizzou staff.
We didn’t get to see how good Smith could be this year as he was avoided pretty heavily like most good high school cornerbacks.
What impressed me more than his cover ability was his willingness to lay a hit on somebody. This isn’t somebody who is going to go to the ground and throw a shoulder – X tries to take ya out.
That’s all he’s really been working on – gaining weight and hitting the gym. He wants to be in his best shape possible because he knows it’s possible that freshmen can play for the Tigers.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients