Edmond: Santa Fe leading the charge...
By Robert Przybylo
With the teams given an unexpected break this weekend, thought it might be a good chance for a short synopsis of where the teams are right now. Let’s start with the Edmond quartet.
The boys are so exciting to watch right now. Senior Mahlon Jones impresses me more and more with each viewing, and you can’t really say enough about junior Josh Richardson. A.J. Anderson has shown flashes and I believe Michael Onuoha is going to be a star in the making.
Chances of making state: High. This team has it all, and coach Shawn Schenk knows what to do in these situations.
Don’t know if there is a better backcourt in the state than Courtney Walker, Jimi Blagowsky and Daisha Gonzaque. The key is going to be the post play. Sophia Mahmoodjanloo is providing huge minutes off the bench while it will be interesting to see how sophomore Arielle Cooper builds off her crazy 3 to tie Memorial last week.
Chances of making state: High. Santa Fe has best combo of boys and girls basketball teams in the state.
A scrappy bunch that play hard for coach Shane Cowherd. Obviously, Obi Emegano has dominated the headlines, but I’ve been impressed with Jared Jobe and James Woodard. Gave Santa Fe a good run for its money at Santa Fe.
Chances of making state: Medium. But they just got better with Memorial going out east.
The girls team needed that break after an emotional three-game skid to Norman North, Edmond North and Santa Fe. Good balance on this team with Alie Decker and Paige Locke inside to go with Madison Johnson, Brooklyn Bell and Bridgette Young on the perimeter.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24384Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14430Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10043UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8936Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 7944Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7183Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6372Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6313Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6107Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 5639OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients