Private schools: Irish eyes smilin'...
By Robert Przybylo
Took a look at the Edmond schools, now let’s do the same with the private schools and where they’re at heading down the stretch.
Tough to make a dent into Douglass, but the Irish are a solid bunch. Love the senior leadership of Jameel Whitney and Kevin Caruthers while sophomores Joe Edmonds and Matt Christiansen are going to be players to watch in the future for Tondrell Durham.
Chances of making state: High. The theory is everyone is playing for second, but if you can there, all it takes is one game.
The girls might overshadow the boys this year as Jennifer Frakes has a great team, led by senior Cara Pugh. Big wins against Star Spencer and Union in last two games say a lot about the club. So much depth, and it’s been needed with all the injuries team has suffered.
Chances of making state: High. 4A is crazy-good this year, but the Irish should be one of the eight teams making it.
Excited to see this team Monday against OCS. Coach Mike Walker said it’s a different look than what I’ve seen earlier this season. Collin Groves is a stud, and it sounds like everyone else is finding their role.
Chances of making state: Low-Medium. Two weeks ago would have said low but want to see how this new approach does with my own eyes.
The girls have been paced by D Brown and Murphy Burns. Like what I see in glimpses of Carter Cloud and BreAuna Gaddis but not sure if it is going to be enough in the long run.
Chances of making state: Low. Not in this loaded 4A group, would have had a better chance in 3A.
The early season was dominated by Ryan Shelley, but the Cyclones are receiving big-time contributions (and consistent ones) from Bentley Williams and Preston Sullivan that is bringing balance to Josh Bottomly’s club.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2336Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 2282Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients