Holland Hall's Kwame Sexton plays hero...
By Robert Przybylo
Well, that’s one way to be re-introduced to basketball after all these weather closings. A chaotic ending sees one rival walk away with a buzzer beater on the other’s home floor.
Holland Hall 51, Casady 48 – OT (Boys)
Knew there was potential for fireworks when both coaches were out of timeouts with 54 seconds left in overtime. That’s when the kids just play on instinct and you get the dramatics.
Casady’s Alex Dudley hit a game-tying 3 (off a great pick by Ryan Shelley) to make it 48-48 in the closing seconds.
However, that was just enough time for Holland Hall’s Kwame Sexton to rise up to the occasion. He took it the length of the floor, pulled up for 3 and there ya go.
Casady coach Josh Bottomly was thrilled with the team’s effort and said it ranks in the top 5 games he’s ever been a part in.
He knows he has a bunch of football players trying to play basketball, but he also knows there is certain grit, toughness and pride in this club.
Entering this game, I thought Holland Hall would roll right through the Cyclones. Sexton and William Tisdale are dang good, if you haven’t seen ‘em.
But Casady really executed well in keeping it a low-scoring game. Plus, the Cyclones took it to the Dutch. Bentley Williams and Graham Bennett, on certain plays, just said they weren’t going to be denied.
Sexton might be one of the best leapers in the state. He’s got the kind of ups where even if he’s guarded, you tell him to shoot because he’s that much higher than anyone else.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26517Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16984Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9163UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8469Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7839Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7354OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6545Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6151Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 5942Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5445Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients