OKC schools ready to get back into action
By Ryan Aber
Earlier tonight, I talked to Star Spencer standout Sharane Campbell and one of the things I asked her about was the layoff that most teams around the city area have gone through over the past week.
“I’m ready to get back to playing,” Campbell said.
Campbell said since her team hasn’t been able to practice this week, she’s spent as much time as possible at a local gym, although not nearly as much as she’d like to.
Oklahoma City schools figure to be back in action Friday. Most of the games canceled last Friday will be made up Saturday with the exception of Star Spencer-Douglass. That game will be played Feb. 13 at Northwest. That’s not unusual for those teams to meet in the Knight’s gym. Last season’s second regularly scheduled game between the two was also played at Northwest.
Centennial at Northwest
Douglass at Capitol Hill
Northeast at Southeast
Star Spencer at Millwood
U.S. Grant at John Marshall
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25487Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17319Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9536OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8741Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7985Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7943UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7139Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6051Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5454Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4574Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients