Deer Creek: Garrett Sullivan finds a home at UCO...
By Robert Przybylo
Deer Creek’s Garrett Sullivan was an interesting case. It’s tough to move during the middle of any school year, but to do it in the middle of your junior year is really tough.
But he made the most of it when he moved from Texas to Edmond, and it all culminated with the senior offensive lineman signing with Central Oklahoma on Wednesday.
Sullivan talked about how important his family has been in helping him deal with everything and being close to home was definitely an added bonus with UCO so close.
Football coach Grant Gower couldn’t stop gushing about Sullivan and kicker Cole Mount, who signed with Washburn.
The Antlers were hammered with injuries or else there is no doubt in my mind they would have been playing in the postseason.
Mount is a sensational kicker and punter and actually probably could have dabbled in some of the skilled position spots.
The other Antler to sign was cross country runner Hillarie Kessler. She’s been a star in all four years for Deer Creek. Looking forward to seeing what she can do in her final go-around in the spring. She inked with Western State in Colorado.
Good stuff and love the organization of the Deer Creek ceremonies, makes it easy.
Look for a video with Sullivan on NewsOK in the next day or so. His journey always stood out to me, so even though it isn’t one of the major signings, Sullivan deserved it.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19791Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7602OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6827Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6472OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5877Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4499Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4468Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4211Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3402Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3381Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients