Casady: Ryan Shelley bright spot in loss...
By Robert Przybylo
It was senior day at Casady for the boys basketball team Saturday morning against Dallas St. Mark’s. The Cyclones hung in there early, but Will Dickson and the Lions were too much in a 59-44 win for DSM.
I was confused after Ryan Shelley’s first basketball for Casady as the game was stopped. But then it was explained that Shelley had moved into 6th place on the all-time scoring list with 1,146 points. He passed Casady grad and now Holland Hall boys coach Brad Shelley. Brad was in attendance Saturday.
Shelley would finish the afternoon with 1,157 points and 13 on Saturday.
Rough week for Casady with three losses heading into the Southwest Prep Conference tournament in Houston next week.
The Cyclones led 33-32 at halftime but only managed 11 points in the second half. Missed free throws, good defense led to a tough final 16 minutes for Casady.
DSM’s Will Dickson could pretty much do whatever he wanted in there, scoring 10 points in the first quarter. And after a slow second quarter, got going again in the second half to finish with 22 points.
Early in the fourth, it was 45-42 for the Lions, who then went on a 14-2 run to close out the show.
Seniors Bentley Williams and Alex Dudley each had nine points for the Cyclones.
Casady had senior ceremonies before the game and two things stood out: 1. Big senior class for Casady as I believe there were six seniors introduced.
2. All of them said one of their favorite basketball memories was the win at Heritage last month. Gotta love those rivalries.
There was no girls game.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8192Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6372Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients