Maxwell, Dan, Rideau among undecideds
By Ryan Aber
At least three Oklahoman All-Staters have yet to decide where they will play college football.
Still pondering things are Midwest City linebacker Emmanuel Maxwell, Del City wide receiver Donavan Dan and Star Spencer running back Darwin Rideau.
With the possible exception of Dan, the group is likely to end up at junior colleges. Rideau certainly would’ve wound up at a Division I school had he qualified and Maxwell is on the fence academically and would’ve received moer Division I attention had he been a sure-thing qualifier (and an extra couple of inches of height certainly would’ve helped).
Despite some reports, neither Maxwell or Dan have signed with Northeastern Oklahoma A&M. NEO is certainly a tempting place but they’re both pondering several options. Dan is considering walking on at a Division I school.
Also, Millwood’ s Trayvon Henry signed at Butler County Communicty College. Henry was briefly committed to OU and was committed to Kansas as well before academic and other issues changed things. If Henry goes to junior college and takes care of things there in the classroom and doesn’t have any other issues, there’s little doubt he’ll wind up with another chance in Division I football. He might’ve been the best defensive player in the state before a suspension after week two kept him out for nine games.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16352OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13509Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12593Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9784Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9412Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7721Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7510Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7432'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7083Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6955Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients