Norman girls run streak to 18 straight
Two things were certainties before the Crosstown Clash between Norman High and Norman North tipped off Friday at the NHS Gym:
1) This was the strongest Norman North team to challenge Norman since the current seniors were in sixth grade.
2) It would need to be for North to taste victory, because the perennial power Tigers have owned the T-Wolves for six years running.
When all was said and done, the first factor was proven true. But so was the second.
Norman ran its winning streak over Norman North to 17 straight games, dating back to 2003, with a 37-30 home victory. Tiger star point guard Kamra King scored a game-high 15 points in the showdown between Class 6A top-10 teams. Hayley Scott led the T-Wolves with 10 points.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21951Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13280Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10987Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10877UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7355Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7058Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 6253Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5606Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5160Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients