Edmond: Track teams dominant...
By Robert Przybylo
Well, if the indoor track season is any indication of what we will see in the spring, it’s going to be a busy and successful one for the Edmond track teams.
EDMOND SCHOOLS TAKE TITLES
Edmond Santa Fe won the Class 6A-5A girls title, and Edmond Memorial won the boys championship Friday and Saturday in Enid.
On the girls side, Santa Fe’s Arial Ruffin won the 400-meter run, and the Wolves took the 4X320 relay. Those wins helped Santa Fe beat Edmond Memorial 102-91 for the team championship.
For the boys, Memorial’s Isaiah Duke won the 400-meter run. Memorial won both the 4X320 and 4X800 meter relays to beat out Edmond Santa Fe, 128-116.
Santa Fe’s Gunnar Nixon was also extremely impressive. He won the high jump, the long jump and the 55-meter hurdles.
For full results from the state meet, go here.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 43037Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15155Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9718Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8776Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8708Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7875Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7675Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7121Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6968Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5760Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients