Wrestling: Cascia Hall, Perry advance to 3A finals
The Class 3A semifinals just wrapped up at Cushing. It was a photo finish on one side as Cascia Hall barely got past Kingfisher 31-30.
There were two pivotal matches in the dual. The first came at 215 pounds where Joe Gaither battled Cascia’s (much taller) Kyle Cowan 9-5 with a strong third period in which he scored two takedowns, a near fall and an escape to secure the win.
The second came at 103 pounds where Kingfisher was forced to forfeit because the Yellowjackets don’t have a wrestler at that weight. Still, Kingfisher was a tough out for Cascia who has become a power. The Yellowjackets should be a force at next week’s regionals.
On the other side, Perry dominated Comanche 54-21. It was more of the same for Perry who had seven falls. They will meet Cascia in about two hours for the 3A crown.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5828Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 4402Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients