Edmond POW: North girls basketball...
By Robert Przybylo
It was one month ago today that the Santa Fe girls were able to take out the North girls and earn a commanding lead in the Metro Conference.
Ever since, Kevin Korstjens’ girls have not lost. In fact, besides one barn-burner with Memorial, the Huskies have looked like a team possessed.
It continued last week, with a big (and relatively easy) 3-0 week that has earned the team Edmond Player of the Week.
Junior Elizabeth Donohoe, of course, has been sensational. There are certain players where you just don’t have any more to say about, and she’s one of them.
The Huskies have received good balance from TaNita Dewberry and Anna Kimsey while the backcourt has stepped up its offensive production.
Combine a couple of Santa Fe losses with the HUGE loss of Jimi Blagowsky, and all the sudden, Tuesday’s game is now for the conference championship (I’ll be there).
Courtney Walker, Santa Fe, Basketball: Trying to steady the ship without Blagowsky, Walker has been solid as always but will need to be even better.
Alie Decker, Memorial, Basketball: Hey, don’t forget about this freaky sophomore, either. Decker was phenomenal in a blowout win against Moore.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients