Private schools POW: Vincent Mason, Mt. St. Mary's...
By Robert Przybylo
A little uneven week in the world of the OKC-area private schools. Only a couple of schools were able to survive the week without tasting a defeat.
One of those teams was a club I got to see for the first time this season, the Mt. St. Mary’s Rockets. And though MSM wasn’t clicking on all cylinders against Heritage, they found a way to win and they picked up two more Ws in the process.
It’s really more of a team award, but I’ll go ahead and give this week’s honor to Vincent Mason. I was impressed with all the little things he did against the Chargers, and he followed that with solid outings, especially against Christian Heritage.
This is a solid bunch that plays hard for each other and for coach Lenny Hatchett. Mason and Dalton Newsome make the team go, but there are so many key contributors for this team that it’s tough to single out anybody.
Christian Hill and Jake Peace come up big on defense while Jeremy Wagner provides a spark off the bench with his outside shooting.
Class 3A is wide open, and it’ll be fun to track the Rockets’ run to the gold ball.
Lissy Fuller, Bishop McGuinness, Basketball: Of all the talk of the post players, she’s the one running the show at point. She’s maybe a little too unselfish, but Fuller is as solid as they come. Good wins at Union and Lawton MacArthur for the Irish.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 38644Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15211Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9740Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9154Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8873Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7777Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7381Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7081Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5938Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5914Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients