OKC Player of the Week: Marquis Buxton-Hill, Douglass
By Ryan Aber
The Oklahoma City player of the week is Douglass’ Marquis Buxton-Hill.
Hill scored 22 and pulled down 12 rebounds in the Class 4A No. 1 Trojans’ 84-73 win over Star Spencer on Saturday night.
After the win, Buxton-Hill said he believed the Trojans were the best team in the state regardless of class and it’s hard not to agree with him right now.
The Trojans will enter the playoffs undefeated and Buxton-Hill is a huge reason why.
Adeshola Adebayo, Southeast: A perennial part of this list, Adebayo averaged 27 points per game for the Spartans in three wins last week. Adebayo scored 30 against John Marshall, 29 against the Wichita Defenders and “just” 22 in a win over Centennial on Tuesday.
Aubrey Brown, Classen SAS: Brown scored an average of 14 points in Classen’s three games last week, including a game-high 19 in Friday’s 52-13 win over Harding Arts.
Sharane Campbell, Star Spencer: Campbell scored 18 on Tuesday to lead the Bobcats to a 67-37 win over Northwest, then battled through shooting problems (and a physical defense) to score 16 in Star’s win at Douglass on Saturday.
Travis Carbajal, Southeast: Carbajal averaged 17 points per game in Southeast’s three games last week.
Tavion Fleeks, John Marshall: Fleeks averaged 18 points in John Marshall’s three games last week, including a game-high 24 in an overtime loss to Millwood.
Breanna Giddens, John Marshall: Giddens led the Bears in scoring in all three of their games last week, including a 19-point performance against Southeast.
Travon Grant, Capitol Hill: Hill scored a game-high 29 in Capitol Hill’s 65-59 win over Northwest on Friday. Earlier in the week in a win over Millwood, Grant also had a game-high, scoring 19.
Ramond Jenkins, Douglass: Jenkins scored a game-high 17 in a win over Northeast on Friday night, then added 15 the next night in Douglass’ win over Star Spencer.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients