Porter ready for final run
Carl Albert’s Jared Porter would like to wax nostalgic about his high school wrestling career, but the senior doesn’t have much time for that these days.
The 145 pound Porter will be competing in the Class 5A West regional at Deer Creek Friday and Saturday. Porter already has won state title, but he’d like another before he heads off to wrestle at Central Michigan.
“It’s a little bittersweet because I’m going to miss wrestling here but I’m prepared to move on,” Porter said.
But not without another state title. Porter has one loss this season, and that came to Sallisaw’s Jeremy Davenport who will be wrestling for his third Class 4A title later this month.
“This year has had more speed bumps,” Porter said. “I’ve had a lot of close matches that shouldn’t have been close. I know I have to wrestle the entire year. I don’t want to get upset.”
After high school, he’ll join former teammate Zach Aylor who is a freshman at Central Michigan this season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 3989Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 2759Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients