Nothing gets easier for Moore's girls team in regionals
After Friday’s loss to No. 1 Midwest City, things figured to get batter for Moore’s girls basketball team. Turns out that’s not the case.
Midwest City emptied the bench and nearly everybody scored as the top-ranked Bombers rolled to a 72-36 victory in the Lions’ regular season finale Friday. Moore, which trailed 29-6 after eight minutes, got 13 points from Michaela Campo. Senior Tara Martini, who has led the Lions in scoring for all but four games, had 10.
But next up for Moore is No. 3 Norman in its regional tournament opener. The Tigers have twice beaten the Lions by large margins this season (51-24 on Jan. 5 and 63-23 on Feb. 9) and this time the season is on the line.
Despite the efforts of Martini, the Lions have lost 11 of their last 12 games. The lone win, though, was against rival Westmoore. It will take probably more than Moore has to upset Norman Thursday, but the 5-17 Lions won’t go down without a fight.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30844Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14359Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7518Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6442OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3625College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3531Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3222Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3222OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3191Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients