West Metro POW: Devin Harris, PC North
Few teams are heading into the playoffs with the confidence Putnam City North is feeling lately. In mid-January, the Panthers were 6-6 and trying to stay afloat in a brutal Metro Athletic Conference.
But since Jan. 19, PC North has won nine of 11 games, with the only losses to top-five teams Putnam City and Edmond Santa Fe.
Devin Harris put together one of his better weeks to earn POW honors, averaging 21.5 points in wins over PC West and Mustang to close the regular season.
Harris, an outstanding leaper who plays an important role in the Panthers’ rebounding efforts, scored 24 against the Patriots — including four 3-pointers — and had 19 against Mustang.
Jade Hardy, Yukon: Coming on strong lately, Hardy had 21 points as Yukon knocked off Choctaw 57-54 on Friday night to send the Millerettes into the playoffs on a high note.
David Glidden, Mustang: His 18 points led the Broncos to a win and season sweep of Yukon in Canadian County Bedlam. Not a bad week, culminating with a scholarship offer and the acceptance of that offer to play football at Oklahoma State in 2011.
RonQuis Lewis, Putnam City: His numbers weren’t daunting (12 points) but the 6-foot-6 junior was clutch at the free throw line and on the boards in PC’s upset of top-ranked Edmond Santa Fe on Friday.
Amric Fields, Kevin House and Kyndall Dudley, PC West: House and Dudley each came through with their best games of the season, scoring 19 and 22 points, respectively. But Fields was an offensive monster in picking up the slack for the absent Tyler Neal. Fields averaged 26.3 points per game in three games during the week.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients