Former Jones QB Garman heading to Southlake Carroll
By Ryan Aber
To the surprise of no one, former Jones quarterback Daxx Garman has left the state and transferred to Texas power Southlake Carroll.
In this blog from the Dallas Morning News’ Rainer Sabin, Southlake coach Hal Wasson talks about Garman’s place in the program. The whole story isn’t there, though, as it was a little more than a paperwork error that led to the now-Arizona commit being declared ineligible and the Longhorns having to forfeit six wins.
Garman, who lived in the Choctaw district before transferring to Carl Albert, left the Titans for Jones before last season. Although the family moved to the Jones district (although there was some question about that) because Garman had transferred once he had to apply for a hardship waiver to be eligible immediately at Jones. And although that hardship wasn’t filed in a timely manner, a waiver was applied for retroactively near the end of the regular season. That waiver was initially denied by the staff and was withdrawn before an appeal was to be made in front of the board of directors. Since leaving Jones almost immediately after that decision, Garman has attended Choctaw High School, though it was very doubtful he’d ever be able to play there.
That said, though, there’s no question Garman has the talent to be a big-time quarterback. Had he stayed at Carl Albert, he likely would be starting there at quarterback next year. At Jones, Garman threw for 2,107 yards and 23 touchdowns last season. He’s got all the tools to be one of the top quarterbacks around. And despite the baggage that comes along with how last year ended, everyone I’ve talked to about Garman has had nothing but positive things to say about Garman both on and off the field.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 54347Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 32459Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 11466Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients