Wrestling: 5A-6A wrap up from Day 1
Day one of the state wrestling tournament is in the books and though there weren’t a ton of upsets, the fianls are shaping up to be pretty interesting.
There will be at least two rematches from last year’s finals with Del City’s Tray Dorell going against Tulsa Union’s Josh Walker in the 112 pound pound finals. In 6A, Kyle Garcia (119) will meet Jacob Weis from Jenks again. He beat him last year to win his first title. Garcia had a tough match in the semis with Stillwater’s Jared Elmore.
Deer Creek pushed Nolan Boyd (171) and Alex Christensen into the finals. Boyd will get Lawton Mac’s Max Adair in the finals. Boyd has a good shot, but beating Adair won’t be easy. Christensen gets NW Classen’s Mike Anderson who beat him in the regional finals last week.
Carl Albert had a disappointing night with three semifinalists and only one in the finals. The good news is most of Carl Albert’s team will be back next year as Fay Barnett continues to build one of the better programs in the metro area. And Jared Porter has a good shot to win his second title.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21368Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17546Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9430Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9175Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9080Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8212Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 7912Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5969OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5028Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients