Norman girls have to face No. 1 MWC next, but sixth straight state tourney berth is very likely
Norman’s girls had one of only two Class 6A regional title games Saturday that featured no drama whatsoever. The Tigers thoroughly destroyed Putnam City to add to their ridiculous collection of regional crowns.
Saturday’s regional final was the seventh straight hosted by Norman’s girls and the 15th in the past 17 years. In other words, regional titles aren’t much of a big deal in Norman. Truth is, area crowns aren’t either. The Norman girl’s program has for the past 17 years been on a level that anything less than the state tournament doesn’t register on the radar.
The area final will be against No. 1 Midwest City, which has beaten Norman twice this season and is by a long shot the superior team in the state this year. Now, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Norman could pull the upset, but it’s unlikely. Still, even if it loses, Norman will get to play the winner of the Southmoore-Del City game for a trip to state and the Tigers have beaten both those teams twice this year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients