Edlam: Round 3 for the girls...
By Robert Przybylo
It’s a bad excuse, but until I find a way to be in two places at once, I’ma miss out on some really great moments and games.
That will be the case Thursday night when Santa Fe and Edmond North lock up for the third time this season. And even sweeter is the game will be at Memorial.
It’s a celebration of all things Edmond, no?
Santa Fe has gotten the best of North in the two games this season (I was able to see both of those). The key? Limiting North star Elizabeth Donohoe. Donohoe has still ended up averaging 14 points per game in the two contests (I think), but it hasn’t been pretty.
We all now I’ve harped on how great Santa Fe sophomore Courtney Walker is, but she is taking her game to a place I wasn’t sure she was capable of yet. I’m worried (and have expressed this with coach Paul Bass) that maybe Walker is simply going to burn herself out.
She’s had to carry more of the load because of the loss of Jimi Blagowsky. Cameerah Graves has done an admirable job, but Walker is the focal point of this team in just about every way imaginable.
I think both of these teams will find a way to state, but this game is big for the Huskies’ psyche. It would be tough to be 0-3 against your rival heading into state. Should be yet another fantastic battle.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients