MSM: Rockets are road warriors...
By Robert Przybylo
Mt. St. Mary’s boys coach Lenny Hatchett isn’t making a big deal out of it, but how in the world have the sixth-ranked Rockets had to go through what they’ve been through?
In regional play, MSM had to play at Prague on Thursday night. It was a tight one, but the Rockets pulled it out by five.
And then for the regional championship, the Rockets had to go to Kingfisher to play the Yellowjackets. In an even more impressive performance, the Rockets won 50-40.
Hatchett said he was extremely pleased with the way his team played. Most notably, he said he was content with how well the team rebounded and how balanced the scoring was. MSM has three solid scorers in Vincent Mason, Dalton Newsome and Christian Hill.
And the Rockets reward? Playing Millwood for the chance to go to state.
But you can basically copy and paste everything I’ve just said for ANY team in Area I for the 3A boys. How ridiculously deep is this group?
It’s amazing to think that four of these six (ranked) teams won’t make it: Millwood, MSM, Northeast, Kingfisher, Purcell and Bridge Creek.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3926How to help tornado victims
- 3623Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3239Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients