Edmond: Area Schedule (Thursday results)...
By Robert Przybylo
When we were discussing who should go to Tulsa for the 5A-6A tournaments, I chimed in with this: “I’ma nominate myself because six of the Edmond teams should make it.”
Half made it Thursday night as North, Memorial and Deer Creek will all be in Tulsa next week. Santa Fe gets a second crack at it.
Boys: Wolves plays Midwest City on Friday at 6:30 p.m. at Choctaw. Winner advances to state.
Girls: Wolves lost to North (57-50). Second chance at state against Yukon on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. at Harrah. Wolves didn’t lose this game because of because of Courtney Walker as the sophomore had 31 points in what looks like was an epic showdown against Elizabeth Donohoe.
Boys: Bulldogs play Muskogee on Friday at 6:30 p.m. at Owasso. Winner advances to state.
Girls: Bulldogs def. Owasso (41-29). Advance to state. Sophomore star Alie Decker and senior Madison Johnson each had 12 points. Coach Shane Coffey gets his wish, and we’ll be able to watch his alma mater, Okarche, in the Class A semifinals.
Girls: Huskies def. Santa Fe (57-50). Advance to state. Elizabeth Donohoe was incredible in this game, scoring 32 points. That’s more than what she had in the two games combined against the Wolves earlier this season.
Girls: Antlers def. El Reno (42-24). Advance to state. Another balanced game by DC as Ashley Gibson and A.J. Miller each had 12 points.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13515Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10081Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9722Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8902Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6661Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5295Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4515Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4167Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4139Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients