Private schools: Area Schedule (Friday Results)...
By Robert Przybylo
Maybe we all found out just how good the Woodward boys are, pushing the Irish to the limit before McGuinness won in overtime. Bids fell short for Irish girls and Mt. St. Mary’s boys.
Boys: Irish def. Woodward (57-51 OT). Advance to state. Senior guard Kevin Caruthers stepped up in this one, scoring 21 points. Irish were down six entering fourth quarter but found a way.
Girls: Irish lost to Anadarko (64-54). Play Clinton at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday at Midwest City. Winner advances to state. Theresa Nash and Elyse Hight played well, but Anadarko is dang good team.
Mt. St. Mary’s
Boys: Rockets lost to Millwood (45-42). Play Bridge Creek at 8 p.m. on Saturday at Moore HS. Winner advances to state. Two teams have split fist two meetings this season, each winning by three. As said all week, tough draw for 3A Area I boys.
Boys: Crusaders lost to Davis (65-56). It’s the end of the road for CHA, but this year was a good learning experience.
Girls: Crusaders def. Crowder (53-17). Play Savanna at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday at SE Expo in McAlester, winner advances to state. Good balance for CHA, led by Meagan Henson’s 12 points. Need one more.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 69024Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31222Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29103Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19272Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6654Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6511Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 5366Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 5240Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 4922Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 4912Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients