Mossman's legacy grows as Norman makes it seven straight
With each passing season, Norman girls basketball coach Matilda Mossman further proves she’s among the state’s elite coaches. And that goes for all seven classes. Mossman showed she’s as good as any coach in Class 6A long before now.
Saturday, with a 60-35 win over a Southmoore team that had been on quite a roll, Norman advanced to the Class 6A state tournament for the seventh consecutive season.
Jeannie Ramon scored 13 points, Kamra King had 10 and Jordan Franks 10 as the third-ranked Tigers steadily pulled away from the SaberCats, then blew the game open in the fourth quarter. Norman led by two after one quarter, nine at halftime and 12 after three quarters. But a 20-7 run in the final period sealed the Tigers’ third win in three tries against Southmoore.
Mossman, the winningest coach in school history in both number of wins and winning percentage, now has Norman atop Class 6A in regards to consecutive seasons in the state tournament. And with Claremore not reaching state this season, Mossman’s and Norman’s streak is now the second-longest in the state, trailing Washington’s run of 10 straight.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3513Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3480How to help tornado victims
- 3393Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients