Edmond POW: Elizabeth Donohoe, North...
By Robert Przybylo
Third time was the charm. Wow, that has got to be one of the oldest cliches in the book. However, that doesn’t take away from the fact it was the charm for the Edmond North girls team.
After being out-muscled, out-worked by Edmond Santa Fe in two prior meetings, it was the Huskies flexing their muscle Thursday.
Leading that charge was junior Elizabeth Donohoe. In a classic shootout against Santa Fe’s Courtney Walker, Donohoe scored 32 points in the win.
North has been labeled ‘mentally weak’ at times the last couple of year, and that’s why I think this win was so huge for the team. This team can’t be in a better mental state of mind than it is right now.
Team has the tools to make a run and last year’s disappointment against Norman is all the motivation the team needs.
North begins play in the state tournament Thursday against Norman North at 7 p.m. at Catoosa HS (I’ll be there for all 6A girls games).
Courtney Walker, Santa Fe, Basketball: Pushed to the brink by Yukon but Wolves survived. Might be the most dynamic player in the state. Santa Fe/Putnam North at 8:30.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 75968Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30909Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 28067Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24729Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6906Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 6904Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6686Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6314Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 6228Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5710Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients