Deer Creek: Tough task for Antlers...
By Robert Przybylo
Class 5A Girls quarterfinal
Thursday, 8:30 p.m.
At Sapulpa HS
Deer Creek vs. Booker T.
Gotta admit, never thought coach Annette Kennedy and the Booker T. girls were going to make a return trip to state.
The two-time defending champions just lost so much from last year’s club that I didn’t plan on seeing the Hornets back at state.
But the way they’ve played, they’re a dangerous group, and it’s a tough way for Deer Creek to start its march to a state title.
Said it all year, and it’s been proven time and time again that the strength of the Antlers is how on any given night, a different girl can step up.
But what I’m starting to wonder is if there is a No. 1 option on this team? And can you win without having a No. 1 option?
Senior A.J. Miller is the best scorer, I think. Kelsey Glover does a great job of running the team. The Jackson sisters (Jasey and Jalyn) provide a lot of toughness and freshman Ashley Gibson might end up being the best out of all of them.
Deer Creek has played Harrah twice and Carl Albert and played ‘em tight in all three games despite coming out with an 0-3 record in the contests.
Feels like this should be a semifinal matchup, but alas, it isn’t. Should be a fun one.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients