Santa Fe: Third year in a row...
By Robert Przybylo
Class 6A Boys quarterfinal
At Skiatook HS (Ryan Aber will be there)
Edmond Santa Fe vs. Norman North, 2 p.m.
Everybody is feeling good at Edmond Santa Fe, except for boys coach Shawn Schenk. No, not because he is disappointed with the team but because he is battling an illness.
I picked Santa Fe to win the championship in Monday’s paper, and I stand by my reasoning: if the Midwest City and Mustang games didn’t wake them up, nothing will.
I was a doubter of this team, but the Wolves kept coming up big time and time again. A little concerned with how well they play away from that raucous home crowd. A little spotty.
Schenk said the Bombers were simply tougher in the fourth quarter in the area championship game and that really his squad didn’t wake up until halftime of the Mustang game.
That’s when senior Drew Hall and the rest of the boys held a players’ only meeting and came out with the fire and intensity needed to make the state tournament.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15155OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10481Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 7111Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6362Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6344Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5951Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4162As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 4151Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3884Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3305Record lottery prize is a powerful draw for Oklahomans
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients